Sunday 22 November 2009

Oxford street...shop report times

I chose to begin my shop report on Oxford street, pretty much everyone’s heard of it, and it’s like the shopping epicentre of London everything seems to come off of it . Leicester square, Soho, Saville row, Bond and Carnaby street and well there are just a ridiculous amount of shops to chose from round there, some good Topshop, American apparel and urban outfitters and some not so good..Bik Bok and ones without names that sell tourist crap and cowboy hats that I’m still uncertain to how they manage to pay for rental on possibly the most expensive street around .I came out of the Underground bustle via floating, the Christmas shopping is upon us as are some very pitiful Christmas lights. I was so kindly carried out by a heard of young women and found my feet at the newly sorted traffic light system facing Nike town, the streets were mental and to be honest I was rethinking my shop report tactics, would I have been better to come first thing like really really early the answer yes!. I’m getting the sweats from just thinking about it. So I moseyed up Oxford Street passing Topshop which was followed by me walking back on myself and actually going into Topshop. There Christmas stock is to die for all sparkly and lacy with huge beautiful black knits. I only bought some sparkly tights ...note to self don’t go in again before Christmas or I will leave with EVERYTHING. So down Oxford street I go passing Urban outfitters, American Apparel, La Senza, Uniqlo, GAP, Zara, H and M those kind of things and though I love most they’re real commercial and well I’ve been there done that I want to explore shops I wouldn’t normally. I get home and realise that all I’ve learnt and reported on is what I know I’m not going to do and that’s Oxford Street it’s too mental for me to handle at Christmas. I have a little google map time and come to the conclusion that Oxford Street is the epicentre but my shop report will take place in Carnaby and Bond street....NEXT TRIP BOND STREET.

No comments:

Post a Comment